- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cup half and half you can substitute milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 packet powder
- 3 tbsp Yaza Plain labneh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour the sugar to the bottom of a heavy saucepan over low heat
- Let the sugar sit until it starts to clump up and caramelize, don't mix
- Swirl the pan around to help move the sugar clumps until the sugar turns a caramel color. If there are still clumps, now’s the time to gently break them up with a spatula.
- Once the sugar is fully melted, pour it into a 9” baking pan and swirl around to cover the bottom of the pan. If the melted sugar is too hard to move around, place the pan on the stove to loosen it. Set aside.
- For the custard, whisk together the condensed milk, eggs, half and half, labneh and vanilla in a large bowl until completely combined
- Pour the custard mixture over the caramelized sugar in the pan
- Place the pan into a larger pan and fill the larger pan halfway with boiling water
- Place pans in preheated oven for 1 to 1 ½ hours, until a toothpick inserted into the custard comes clean. The flan will still jiggle even when set.
- Remove from the oven and the water bath and let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Refrigerate the flan until completely cooled
- Run a knife along the edges of the pan to release the flan and flip onto a cake plate
KEEP IN TOUCH FOR THE LATEST FLAVORS AND RECIPES
For customer service requests or to learn more about our foodservice operations, please email us at email@example.com.